Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Morning: Senior Citizen Prom

Hello readers! For today's Sunday Morning I want to talk about an event that is going to happen at my school. We are hosting a senior citizen prom :D And no, I don't mean high schoolers dressing up as senior citizens. It is literally a prom for actual senior citizens. I think this is going to be the best thing ever. It is going to be so cool! The club that I am in, FBLA, is putting it on. This is a good idea because it's a great way for us to give back to the community. And also, I think this will bring back a lot of memories for some. Especially through the music. And guess who is the dj? That's right, ME(: I am beyond excited to do this. I have a playlist on my computer of 80 songs from the 40s, 50s, and 60s. A lot of them are slow songs but I have some rocking oldies as well.

Some of the slow songs I have are:

  1. You Make Me Feel So Young- Frank Sinatra
  2. Stardust- Nat King Cole
  3. La vie en Rose- Louis Armstrong 
  4. You Belong To Me- Dean Martin
And some faster songs I have are:
  1. Peggy Sue- Buddy Holly
  2. Help!- The Beatles
  3. Yakety Yak- The Coasters
  4. All Shook Up- Elvis Presley 
I will for sure post about it when it happens. I don't think we have a set date yet. But I am super excited for this. I was talking to one of my friends, Bryce, last night and when I told him about it we had a whole conversation and then he realized I meant actual senior citizens so he took the whole conversation out of context. And when I told him it was actual senior citizens he said "I'm like totally dying imagining us blaring Skrillex at senior citizens." It was so funny. Can you imagine haha? A ton of senior citizens in one room and I decide I want to play Bangerz by Miley Cyrus HAHAHA. That would be hilarious. I would probably be in huge trouble. Well I hope you enjoyed! Come back tomorrow for Music Monday and have a lovely day!! (:

"To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment