Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book Talk Wednesday: The Hunger Games

Oh yes. These books are amazing. I am halfway through the third (and last) one so I'm really excited to finish it!!! This series is so good. And I'm sure everyone has seen the movies but if you haven't read the book, you haven't fully experienced it. Like always, the books are better than the movies.

If you don't know what The Hunger Games by now, I don't really want to tell you because dang, you should know by now. Sorry haha. The first book (The Hunger Games) was really really good. I freaking loved the first book. Now that I'm talking about it, I might go back and read it after I'm done with MockingJay. I might be to traumatized though. Probably one of my favorite characters is Effie. She just has a positive, hilarious attitude. And in Catching Fire (the second book), even though terrible things were happening, she was still trying to be positive and calm. And when the major disaster happened (I don't want to spoil it but if you've read the books or hell, even seen the movie you already know) you could tell that she really did care for Katniss and Peeta.

Oh me oh my. Katniss and Peeta. I love them soooooo much. I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really like Gale. When Peeta and Katniss first started talking in the first book, I knew that he was the one I wanted Katniss to end up with. I ship them times 100000000.

I haven't finished the third book but I can tell it is going to be my least favorite. I am more than halfway through and NOTHING good has happened. It's like one depressing thing after the other geez. But my favorite out of all them is probably Catching Fire. It had so much more action I feel like. And when I began reading the second book, I had a better understanding of how each character thinks and acts and I felt like I knew them. I just think Catching Fire was very intense and epic. And I think the did a great job with the movie. As far as I am concerned, they followed along with the book very well. Except for little, tiny details but I am probably the only one who notices haha.

Thank you for reading my review of The Hunger Games! If you have seen the movie but haven't read the books, I hope I encouraged you to go out and read them! Come back tomorrow for Real World Thursday! Have a lovely day! (:

"May the odds be ever in your favor."
                                                      -Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)

No comments:

Post a Comment